Here is every game I've missed since the big win against Nashville on the 23rd.
A great game played by Thedore (34 saves) but the Wild are almost unbeatable when entering the third period with the lead and that ended up holding true.
1. Wojtek Wolski (Goal)
2. Jose Theodore (34 saves, one mistake)
3. John-Michael Liles (Assists and a great game on the blueline)
A huge win the game after the All Star break, the Avs came out on fire as they scored three first period goals. The line of Wolski-Svatos-Arnason was introduced in this game as the Avs were still without Sakic, Smyth, or Stastny.
1. Marek Svatos (Two goals AND an assist for Svatty? Unthinkable.)
2. Tyler Arnason (One goal, two assists as he steps up for the injured stars)
3. Milan Hejduk (A goal and an assist, needs to continue scoring)
The once-giant rivalry ended in a shutout for the for the Wings. Peter Budaj was absolutely incredible in this game as he played lights out. It took a goal with two minutes to go in the third to put the Wings on top. Highlights included Budaj shutting the Wings down on a 5-on-3 early on and a 2-on-1 break late in the third.
1. Peter Budaj (34 saves, deserved the win)
St. Louis: 4
The Avs responded to getting shut out by scoring three third period goals and winning the game handidly. TJ Hensick had his first career two-goal game and Cody McLeod even chipped in two assists.
1. TJ Hensick (Two goals, scoring touch showing)
2. Cody McLeod (Another Lake Erie player stepping up with two assists, McLeod has earned his NHL spot)
3. Wojtek Wolski (Two assists, continues to play well defensively)
In a game marred by controversy, the Avs failed to get what may be a very important second point. When TJ Hensick put the Avs up 3-2 late in the third, the game looked to be in hand. But former Av Radim Vrbata scored to tie the game up. In OT, Vrbata scored again. However, it appears that the refs whistle blew to stop the play, yet the puck was across the line before he blew his whistle. My thoughts? It was a goal, but I'll never admit it.
1. TJ Hensick (Two more power play goals for a kid who reminds me of Svatos)
2. Tyler Arnason (Two assists on both Hensick goals)
San Jose: 1
Names such as Ben Guite, Jeff Finger, and TJ Hensick shined for the Avs in a 3-1 win over a very tough conference opponent. Theodore was remarkable, stopping 30/31 and Brett Clark added two assists.
1. Jose Theodore (Won the game for Colorado)
2. Brett Clark (Two assists, took Cheechoo out of the game)
3. Ben Guite (A goal from Guite is just a bonus)
A 3-0 lead after one sealed this game up for Colorado as they earned a very important 2 points in the NW division. The Avs beat Luongo five times and Hejduk scored five goals to snap a long scoring drought.
1. Marek Svatos (Two goals, one assist for Svatty)
2. Milan Hejduk (Two goals, accounted for a third of the scoring)
3. Jarsoslav Hlinka (Two assists, has finally adapted to NA game)
And with that, we are all caught up!
The next game is tonight, against Anaheim. Lets go Avs!